Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The damn Shih Tzu has fleas.


Day 2 of my current battle with Chloe's fleas.  This is a first, not only a first, but this should not be happening as I had her treated with Frontline two weeks ago.  Would you like to know what fleas on your dog does to a person's OCD?  Warning: it's not pretty.

Last night Jared and I bathed Chloe while he picked off her fleas and after I proceeded to attack the bathtub with cleaning products like it came from a nuclear waste site.  Oh, the smell of chemicals is getting to be a comfort to me lately.  Today I find more, not only do I find more but as Chloe jumped on me before trying to sleep, I had one come off her and on me.  I freaked to put it lightly.  I went to the store and got a flea collar since the vet said not to apply more Frontline, I also bought a flea spray (which is apparently okay for some reason).  Chloe had no chance.  After the bath (luckily, and for the record, Connor is asleep and safe in his room when cleaning chemicals are out) she fights me while putting on the collar and the spray.  The entire time she is giving me these puppy dog eyes, almost saying "oh mom, why?", but the OCD doesn't give a damn.

After I assult her, I hope in the shower and scrub until my skin is red.  Don't get me wrong, these fleas aren't infesting the furniture, people or even the cat, but of course this doesn't matter.  If they are on MY dog, they have to be plotting to destroy my house.  My skin hurts, my hands are brittle from the washing, and my nose hurts from the chemicals.

The only happy ending of this story is for the management at the apartments.  Lucky for them, it's raining which will kill off the fleas and larva outside where I know Chloe has picked them up, or I would hate myself if I had to let my OCD tell these people to do something about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment